Thursday, April 1, 2010

A snowy morning in the Spring.

My cat woke me at 6am the other morning by jumping onto my face and grumbling. He normally does this to be let out, but I'd already been downstairs at 5am to do this. I got up again and looked out the window to discover it was snowing!! He hates the snow so imagine he woke me up in a fit of disgust.

Normally, snow would be exciting but we had the coldest winter in almost 50 years and my heating was broken for the whole thing. The sight of snow made me want to burst into tears. The house was just starting to warm up and then snow came out of nowhere. Disaster.

I was wide awake with nothing to do so I decided to walk into work. It takes about an hour to walk into the city from my house. I took a few detours and went the pretty way. I like wandering around before everyone else gets up, it's so quiet. I took some photos on my travels. I sometimes use pictured of old Dublin as inspiration for some of my jewelry.


I've had 2 weeks from hell so I haven't been making that much. Believe me, all I want to do is curl up in my chair at my table and make some stuff but just before St. Patricks day everything went crazy, and then got crazier, and I just haven't had time. Everything seems to be settling down for the time being but I have a funny feeling it will all kick off again soon. I suppose I better make as much as I can before this happens :)

XX MM

No comments:

Post a Comment