Wednesday, March 24, 2010

And so it begins....

Hello friends! My name is Madame Mortalitas (well, not really but it's more interesting than my real name). I am from Ireland, a small country in Europe, best know for leprechauns and U2. I'm starting this blog so that I can hopefully make new friends in the Etsy community and let people who have hearted my shop know when I have new things and see what I'm working on. I opened my Etsy shop a few months ago. I only have a small number of sales but I am hoping with time that I will learn some new skills and make pieces that people will fall in love with :)

My main inspiration comes from my love of the Art Deco and Victorian eras. I collect everything I can find from these time periods. I have built up quite a hefty collection of teapots, sugar cube pickers, button openers and post mortem/mourning photographs! I spend a lot of my time reading about Medieval history. My favorite aspects to read about are witch hunts and the plague. I hope to have some of my newer handmade items reflect my interest in these.

I'm quite awful at writing about myself so I'll keep it short. Please drop by my store and my facebook and keep in touch.

XX MM

1 comment: